Monday, September 21, 2009

Grilled Veggie Salad...


I had a great salad yesterday afternoon and it was all from the salad bar at a gourmet shop called "Olives" in Long Beach. The veggies were amazing...colorful and tasty. There were long thin slices of grilled veggies including eggplant and zuchini. There were roasted tomato halves with basil and there were also avocado halves filled with a citrus dressing. I chose some of all of it and put it on top of a pile of the darkest greens I could find...and there were plenty.
Olives has a great balsamic vinagrette. That is what I used...it was a great combination and it was perfect for a hot day when I didn't feel like eating much.
Looking ahead...I'm still trying to arrange another visit to The Zephyr with my friends Wayne and Larry.
Have a wonderful evening and peace to you.
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment