Saturday, September 19, 2009

Plan B

I was supposed to be at dinner party tonight with a lot of former colleagues and a former principal. Instead I said goodbye to the would-have-been host in the hospital. He was a dear friend of mine, John. He had been my Vice Principal and Assistant Drama Director in the late 80s and early 90s. He had the whole dinner planned, and I'm sure there would have been lots of sides for me, his veggie friend.

Late last night John had a major heart attack. I was fortunate enough to go see him and say goodbye. He was unconscious and on a respirator but I still believe he heard me.

Here's to John....he was a wonderful man and on the side he was a wonderful cook.

RIP John.

Peace,
Bev

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bev...so sorry to hear of the loss of a good and dear friend. It's never easy and sometimes saying "goodbye" as you know doesn't end the feelings and memories that will keep arising as days go on. But hopefully the sad memory of his passing will be replaced with all the good times you shared together.

    The next time you do an acting job or Judy, you'll think of him and smile.

    Love & OXOX,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Chris! This is all so true. Thanks for the support. :)

    ReplyDelete