Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Julia and Julia, Meet Paula and Rachel

Hello!

Just finished watching Rachel Ray and before that it was Paula Dean. Did I spell her name right? I know her name but just didn't remember how she spells it. Interesting aside here, Paula Dean is reported to use this product on her hair that I used to sell when I was working in a beauty supply store. It's what keeps the pretty color even in her hair...and it comes in a purple bottle. :)

I'm not complaining, but today was a very long and full day at school. Had a meeting that went on until 4:30 and that may not sound late to a lot o' folks, but when you get up at 5, you probably want to go to bed fairly early and that doesn't leave much cooking time! :)

I came home and made a glorious salad of arugula, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, cashews, tomato, a dollop of hummus (the best ever) and made my own dressing. I'm going to try to bottle that stuff, I swear. I make a vegan dressing that is just delicious. I wonder if anyone else would think so. It's so simple it's crazy. Once I get the proportions down pat, I'll share...or get rich.

So check this out. Paula Dean made three desserts: a chocolate eclair cake, a raspberry trifle and peanut butter fudge that contains processed cheese! AHHHHHHHHH! Sad thing is, it's probably tasty...just deadly.

Rachel Ray made a flank steak with an Asian touch, wasabi mashed potatoes and green beans with bell peppers seasoned with sesame. Looked wonderful. I am going to go online and get those recipes and figure out what meat sub I can use for the steak...probably tempeh.

Meanwhile, what about Julie and Julia? I am convinced that they would both be horrified by Paula's desserts. Rachel's 30-minute meal, not so much. I'm going to do the asparagus and potatoes over the weekend. Hopefully it will be fabulous.

Until my next fun food rambling...

Peace and more peace...we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment