Monday, August 24, 2009

Julie Definitely Had More Time!

She had more time than I do, that is, and of course Julia did too when she was in France with her working hubby. I just had my first full day of school and I have three lessons to plan and four sets of papers to grade. That is not going to be conducive to my getting any potatoes or asparagus done tonight, not even throwing them in the oven! :) In fact, after this workday, I reviewed my thoughts here, revamped my strategy and here is my new proposition:

I will attempt one cooking session per week and write about it, meanwhile I will blog about other veggie matters and ideas. I may discuss recipe ideas before I try them, considering what I may have to do in order to make vegan equivalents just as appealing and tasty.

Meanwhile, I had a great vegan experience yesterday afternoon. My friends Wayne and Larry took me to The Veggie Grille. It has two locations not far from me: one in El Segundo and the other in Irvine.

The food was delicious and everything on the menu is vegan...unbelievable. It's impossible to write enough about how good I thought it was, so I'm going to drop the website address for you here and hope you check it out. There are some reviews on http://www.yelp.com/. The site itself is http://www.veggiegrill.com/.

Veggie Grille has a casual atmosphere; it's a stand-in-line-to-order place, but the food is brought to your table. The presentation is lovely and the surroundings are clean and bright. You can see photos on the website.

I had the "carne asada" sandwich and the steamed kale. It was fresh, delicious and just spicy enough. My friend Wayne had the chopped salad (chop-chop) and Larry had the Chinese "chickin" salad. They are both carnivores, so when they really enjoyed the food I was jazzed. Larry commented that he felt full after his salad, but not as stuffed as he does when he eats a regular Chinese chicken salad.

There are gluten-free options on the menu which you have to request.

Veggie Grille offers three desserts and we wanted to try them, but we were too full. Guess that means we liked our food!

My only 'complaint', if you want to call it that, is that it was a bit hard to find. It's in a sprawling mall.


Check it out and have a good night!

Peace,
Bev

1 comment:

  1. Christine Supancheck-MarcucciAugust 27, 2009 at 8:18 AM

    I am anxious to try this restaurant...it isn't too far from my work!

    ReplyDelete