Saturday, August 29, 2009

Julie, Julia and Juliet and Mercury in Aquarius

Happy Saturday!

I'm happy to have a day where I don't have to be at school. I just finished two days worth of auditions for Romeo and Juliet and my director has yet to choose a Juliet. It's stiff competition because it's an awesome drama program where I work.

I began to wonder what kind of bloody meat weighted the tables in the days of Shakespeare, cooked animals complete with heads and open eyes. The struggles between groups reflected in Romeo and Juliet reminds me of a quote by Tolstoy (at least I think it was Tolstoy):

"As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields."

Today we are honoring the life of Sen. Ted Kennedy; those on "both sides of the aisle" have come to the celebration. As I sit here contemplating the artichokes I'm about to try out on my sister, her girlfriend and my nephew, I reflect on the senator and his home on Cape Cod. Last night one of Teddy's football buddies recalled a time when he downed a vast quantity of New England clam chowder while in a storm at sea with the senator. My thoughts moved from there to a vegan tribute, and I found a great recipe online.

Before I totally undertake that, though, I'm going to see if I can find a raw recipe. Radical.

I have something in common with Sen. Ted Kennedy. Both of us have Mercury in Aquarius in our zodiac charts. What that means is: our thoughts are continually moving forward...which explains his progressive passions and my rambling.

I will post two recipes, hopefully, and tell you about how well my artichokes are received. I'm trying a raw variation of the lemon-olive oil sauce.

Until later...peace be with you and take time to enjoy your food.

No comments:

Post a Comment