Friday, August 14, 2009

Julie and Julia Day 5

I decided against the Brussels sprouts until I can get an actual cheese alternative that I can honestly promote. Whole Foods doesn't sell it. And I don't want to offer up a recipe for which the cheese must be mail-ordered from Scotland.

So, while at Whole Foods last night, I bought some amazing looking vegan sausages and some crimini mushrooms, which I will throw down with onions, peppers, olive oil and garlic. I will let you know how it turns out.

Speaking of olive oil, I have heard that in order to be a worthy substitute for the butter flavor, a dash of garlic must be added. My questions are: how much of a dash of garlic? What kind of garlic? Fresh? Bottled? Natural garlic spray?

I'm still awaiting a reply from the vegan blogger who made the claim.

Well, it's been five days and I still haven't cooked anything, but I have great plans...not bad for someone who one week ago didn't even want to think about cooking, much less experimenting and blogging about it!

Wait until you get my recipe for brownies with mint frosting!

Have a great weekend and stay tuned!

Peace...to all sentient beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment