Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Note on Julie

The longer I work on this blog and my sporadic attempts at the veganization of selected Julie Child recipes, the bigger and bigger my respect grows for Julie. It's unfathomable that someone would undertake the duplication of 500 plus detailed Julia recipes in 365 days, when I can only average two or three a week!

Granted, Julie was already a wonderful cook, which I'm not. Also, Julie's job was truly a day job. Instead of staying after school, grading, planning and directing drama productions, she spent her after-work hours going to the store to buy her ingredients and getting home to the recipe. She had an amazing amount of emotional stress on her post 9/11-related day job, she set a huge goal for herself and met it with flying colors.

If I can create one or two fabulous vegan recipes per week this school year, I'll be happy!

It really bites that even after completing that monumental task, Julia misunderstood Julie's project and Julie never got to meet her. What a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment