Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Julie and Julia Day 2

I'm still mulling over my vegetarian response to this wonderful foodie film...in between surges of ire regarding disrupters of town hall discussions about the deplorable shape of this country's health care system. I'm a teacher and I have much better control over my hormone-raging, ADD teenagers than the Senators seem to be able to gain over these terrorized, terrified and terribly misinformed citizens.

I wonder if I can channel that frustration I feel into something creative. Maybe a salad or a batch of chocolate mint brownies. I wonder which of those two would be the healthier choice. :) Then again, maybe I could pour out my soul in a new song. Haven't written one in a long time.

But back to Julie and Julia. I think the last option from yesterday's blog is the best so far: try to convert certain Julia recipes into a vegetarian equivalent..no easy task, but a worthy one. I'll look at Julia's book, owned and used by my two carnivorous foodie roommates. I'll choose a recipe and begin tomorrow.

Until then...peace and good health to all sentient beings.

















No comments:

Post a Comment