Monday, August 31, 2009

Hey, Julie and Julia! Want to Get Raw?

No raw corn chowder tonight! First of all, it's too heavy on a hot day, and second of all, I got home too late. Stopped at my sister's house and had a flame broiled Boca Burger with pickled ginger and a fresh salad she had made. It was awesome: dark romaine with cherry flavored cranberries and cucumbers.

The first time I heard of Boca Burgers was in the news, when a truck load was reportedly shipped to the White House for Chelsea Clinton, another famous vegetarian. (I'll make a list of those in my up-coming posts.) In my opinion, the original vegan Boca Burgers are the best. Even my carnivorous friends love them. They taste like hamburgers but don't have the gristle. (the burgers, not my carnivorous friends)

When I got home, my roommate Dori had made sesame broccoli. Of course it was delicious, for two reasons: 1) Dori made it and 2) Dori is a Taurus. :)

Call backs for Romeo and Juliet tomorrow after school and if the energy remains, there will be raw corn chowder on the home front. I'm looking forward to making it because it sounds wonderful and I get to shuck corn!

I grew up in a small artsy community on the Mississippi River. My grandparents had a farm a few miles away and I learned to shuck corn, snap string beans and pick strawberries when I was knee high to a katydid. Call me weird, but I LOVE to shuck corn. Maybe it's the silk. :)

Until tomorrow...

Peace and Good Food!

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment